Friday, May 04, 2007

 

Wow, what a year it's been

I am finally a year post op. Not that I should say finally, it's gone much faster than I would have anticipated. A whole year, and a whole new person. Amazing. I finally brought some wedding pictures into work, and people kept asking me if that was really me. And these are people who knew me then... and see me almost every day. They were shocked by how much I've changed. I guess it's really a lot. Like 90 pounds of a lot.

The whole baby and pregnancy thing is going very well. I had another check up on Tuesday, and everything looks/sounds great. The baby is measuring a little big, but that's okay. Maybe she'll cook faster so I won't be so uncomfortable during Fest. Grow baby grow! Bobo is putting on a shower for me... if I ever get all of those addresses to her. So keep your eyes on your mailboxes for those invites. If I don't have your address, or if you think I have it wrong, email me so I get it right.

I get to take another peek at the baby next Friday. My doctor wants me to have ultrasounds about every 4 weeks to make sure the baby is growing properly because of my gastric bypass. I did gain only .8 pounds in 4 weeks. But I surely look pregnant. I'm starting to bump my bump into everything now. There's not a safe counter or table in sight! I think the baby is convinced it's a game though. She starts beating me up when I'm at my desk since I'm always forgetting that I'm as popped out as I am and running her into the desk. Monkey was sitting on my lap, I was brushing her hair, and the baby kept kicking her in the back. It was funny. Until Monkey started pushing on my tummy to get back at her "because she's being mean!" I think I'm going to have to start looking for some new babysitters already.

Hope you're all well. Maybe someday I'll have time to scan all of these ultrasound pictures that I'm accumulating and post them for you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?