Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

For the whiners

I don't want to hear any more complaints about me not updating this enough for you guys. At least not until I neglect it for a while. Especially when others (BoBo) don't EVER update theirs. Anyway.

The holidays are now past. And thank goodness. They were long, drawn out, and exhausting. I think my little family had good times. The Monkey got everything that she asked for and more. And she has already lost that precious GameBoy that Santa brought her. She asked for it, begged for it, got it, loved it, and lost it.... all in a week. Amazing. We're still debating "finding" her another one. We'll have to see.

It's a new year now, and with that, I have a new job! I got promoted at work. Sometimes talking things out with higher ups pays off. Maybe I now have myself in a position where we are comfortable enough for Don to look into his other career options. Hopefully so. I think he'd be much happier almost anywhere other than where he is now.

The tattoo has healed wonderfully. I love it! The colors are bright and vibrant. It really does show what my life has been for the last year. It was a year of change, new beginnings, rebirth, and growth.

We're in the middle of planning our vacation at the end of January. We're bringing the Monkey to Disney World for the first time. She's very excited. She's been talking about it forever. We told her when she was 8 she would be able to go with us, since we've been twice without her. Now that she's 8, we're out of excuses. And I think she's ready to go. She's been working very hard in school this year. It's amazing to watch her learn and grow. She's gotten much better support at her new school along with new goals. The understanding all of her teachers and support staff have is so complete. It's great to finally have her the help she needs to be successful. And I see her success every day when she tells me about the things that she's learned, and all of the new wonderful things that she's experiencing. She has gone from being unable to read almost anything to reading some simple books. That's great for only a few months. I couldn't get her to that point by myself in a whole year! It's much easier to play the reinforcement role with her reading/writing/math instead of the lead like I had to before.

I hope this is enough of an update for now. I do have more things to share, but just don't have the time to get them all down right now. I really wish that I could. Hopefully soon.

By the way.... I want a dog... not a puppy, but a dog. A little cute, cuddly, adorable dog. *wink wink*

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?