Friday, November 03, 2006

 

The good and the bad

Well, I've been really lacking on updating this blog. There has been so much going on, and they've blocked blogger at work. I don't always have time or energy to get to this at home. But I'm doing it today. It NEEDS to get done.

Bob, my father in law, passed away on Tuesday, October 24th. He was surrounded by his family and cats. It was just how he wanted it to end. At least he's no longer in pain. We were in Hibbing all of last week due to that. The funeral was on Friday. We got home on Sunday.

Sunday was my birthday! Woo Hoo! Now I'm older. Just what I always needed. It was an okay birthday. I got to get home. Start to put life back into "normal" mode. It was a long week previously, and all 3 of us needed our routines back.

On the Thursday before Bob's funeral, Don and I found out that I'm pregnant. That is really good news! We had decided to try when Bob first got sick. Now it's something that will help keep his memory alive. I'm about 7 weeks along, due in the end of June. Just a tiny little bean of a kidlet right now, but growing quickly. I'll be sure to keep all of you updated on how this goes. It should be interesting!

I also hit my 6 month surgiversary yesterday. I'm officialy 6 months out from surgery. I feel great. Everyone tells me I look great. Even those that don't know that I'm pregnant. We haven't told everyone. I had my 6 month check up with my bariatric nurse. After she gave me "that look" when I told her I was expecting, she told me how great I've been doing. I've lost 9 inches from my waist ande 9.5 inches from my hips. I'm only 20 pounds from their ideal goal weight for me. That's some pretty impressive stuff. At least I think it is. She said that I should make sure that I have an OB that is comfortable with my WLS status and will be understanding of the limitations of my food intake. She also said that a good OB will be one that monitors my labs closely. Oh yeah... more pokes. I go in for my first appointment on December 1st. I'll let you know more then.

This is about what the baby looks like now:


Yesterday Don and I met with Aja from Tatts by Zap. She's an amazing tattoo artist that was very highly recommended to me by many people. She's going to be doing a phoenix for me. It will be on my right calf. I'm scheduled to have it done on the 21st. Very excited. Should be uber cool. I'll post pictures as soon as I have any.

Comments:
I'm always the last one to know.
-L
 
Blame Mom.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?