Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Here's for super pokey updating!

Don't chew my head off! I've been a busy busy chickie for the last few weeks. So here's the update that I have.

Bob, my father-in-law, is home now. There is nothing that the doctors can do for hime right now, and probably ever. He's living life to the fullest for his last days. We don't know if it will be weeks or months, but we appreciate every day we have with him. If you want, you can read updates for him at Caring Bridge.

The Crazy Monkey has had her 8th Birthday. Yippee! She's so excited to be an 8 year old now. We are very glad that we've made it that far with her. She had a great day at daycare and school on her actual birthday. She loves being the center of attention when it's super-uber positive attention. She also had a great time at her birthday party on Saturday. She had a pretty good turnout of her friends from soccer and softball. Now we have more pretty pink girly frilly toys than any house should ever have. But she wouldn't want it any other way. I'll post some pictures of the party once we get them off the camera.

Bobo and I have finally planned our mutual birthday party. It will be a blast. A night at a comedy club that is preceded with dinner, all for $25 per person. Should be a great time. I know that Bobo just loves being called Bobo... hee hee.

As for weight loss, things are still going great. I'm down 83 pounds now. Just checked on the scale this morning since I've been too busy to even remember that I should check that too. I'm down to size 16 clothes... even some 14s. That's amazing considering I was at 24s and 26s less than 6 months ago! I'm feeling great. Not that I can ever say that enough. I'm at a point now where if I stopped losing now, I don't think I'd care. Well, I'd care if I knew I could do better, but I'm reaping all of the rewards of being a healthier weight. Life is good. All of the clothes that I first bought after surgery to wear to work are now getting too big. Makes me smile every time I put on something that was tight in June and is huge and baggy now.

For my newest "WOW" moment. (WOW moments are when I realize just how successful this surgery has been for me in sudden moments.) I was at soccer practice watching the Crazy Monkey on Saturday afternoon. Suddenly Big Coach Steve asks all of us parents watching (all 5 of us) to play against the girls. Hmm... okay... one dad, the rest moms... and me wearing sandals. Should be interesting. So I kick off the sandals, and I'm in. I'm wearing a new sweater, that's a little tight, but covers all the goods, and pair of cords that I got off ebay and are starting to get too big to wear anymore. Well, running around the field to kick the crap out of some 7 and 8 year old girls, my pants almost fell off about 6 times. It's hard to run and hold up your pants when you're barefoot around a bunch of cleated girls. Hilarious for the dad and coach playing behind me, slightly freaky for me. Next time, I'm wearing tennis shoes and pants that fit well enough to run in. No more free undie shows for anyone!

So, there you go. The latest from my life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?